Online booking, scheduling and management service for FBOs, aeroclubs or pilots syndicates
- Test and initiation
This website is fully available in English and French, even if most screen copies on this page are in French. Please note that the English translation is a man made one. It is probably far from perfect but it was not made by Google. You can always tell us what's wrong with it and we will improve it. Also, if you speak an other laguage and are willing to use this service and help us translate it in your own language, even partially, we would be pleased to do it.
This service is free. However it is not a second class service. It includes features which it still is the only one, or was the first one to offer. But if you feel more comfortable paying subscriptions above hundreds or even thousands of euros, dollars or pounds a year, there are plenty of very expensive services to accommodate you. You should nevertheless know that this service is used by flying schools and aeroclubs which have left their previous booking services to choose this one. You too, compare and make your mind.
1. The service
A_ Aircraft reservation
It has been available since 2009 and totals more than 13000 reservations in one year. There is no software to download and install on the club computer. It works online. Therefore availability is maximum, and there is no concern about the club computer being out of order, or its power supply (in case of thunderstorms for exemple) being cut off.
It was especially designed for low speed internet connections, and is ideal to use on 3G linked laptops, pads or smartphones. Lightweight pages : 3 to 4 seconds downloads in the worst conditions; the largest pages being no more than 10 to 15kB! (Apart from the facebook page which may include many pictures) Less than a commercial banner. Why waste your time and money with unnecessarily large downloadings? Of course, it'll be all the faster on a high speed internet connection!
According to Google, the average download time for our pages is 0.3 seconds, making this site faster than 98% of all existing sites in the world.
A click and drag booking interface directly in the planning (fig. 1). Click (fig.2), drag (fig.3) click again (fig. 4) and save.
Several kinds of plannings : daily (see above), weekly, monthly.
It is available H24:
- it automatically manages reservations wait lists so that it is possible to second-book an aircraft which is already booked. If the original reservation(s) is (are) then cancelled, the wish becomes an actual reservation. In this case, the system sends you a mail to let you know.
- as soon as you are logged in, you see your next reservation, your next lesson if you are an instructor, and all reservations for this day in a diagram including the sunset and a marker showing the present time for an easy reading
|Your next reservation : F-VELO on 27/12 at 11:15||Your next instruction flight on 28/12 at 9:30 with T. VOECKLER|
- Instructors' flights or leaves are displayed in the daily planning.
- the club or school can limit bookings without an instructor to aircraft in which the pilot has been soloed.
- reservations timelines enable one to know who booked an aircraft and with one click to get a way to contact the pilot
- the service is of course compatible with your local time
- pilots booking an aircraft can give other members several useful informations about the flight (destinations, comments...)
Much more than a simple booking system:
- FIs have a real planning of all their instruction flights and they can cancel the corresponding reservations like the student. They can also book an aircraft on behalf of the student for a lesson.
- Instructors can also notify pilots of their leaves or unavailability, which then appear in the calendar.
- it includes a facebook of all members with pictures and data (when provided)
- it includes features to help managers plan the maintenance
- it warns pilots when their pilot license or their medical are going to expire
- it shows graphically the time of sunset on the club airfield in the reservations calendars
- it includes tools to plan the flight : route calculator, weight and balance calculation in several situations : the actual one, with the front end tanks empty, the aft tanks empty, all tanks empty, a quick access to local METARS and TAFS, with an icing alert WEIGHT & BALANCE :
METAR2011/12/12 09:30 LFST 120930Z AUTO 20008KT 9999 -RA BKN029 BKN034 OVC042 08/06 Q1008
ALERTE niveau 4/4 sur ce terrain:
GIVRAGE carburateur SEVERE à tous régimes: montée, croisière, descente.
SEVERE carburetor ICING at all power settings : climb, cruise, descent.
TAF LFST 120500Z 1206/1306 18009KT 9999 BKN050 PROB30 TEMPO 1206/1215 4000 RA BKN015 TEMPO 1208/1212 24015G25KT
Sources: NOAA (METARS & TAFS), BEA (icing).
- members can read club announcements at each connexion
- the service is administered by club members, not by a remote webmaster
- it enables administrators:
- to add or remove aircraft, members, temporarily disable a pilot (negative account, expired license or medical), cancel bookings made by any member
- to stipulate periods when aircraft undergo maintenance
- to stipulate that an aircraft is temporarily out of service (unexpected breakdown, accident, end of potential...) or limited to instruction flights
- to be warned that members' licenses or medicals are no longer valid. With the pilots accounts they know of each pilot's last flight (for proficiency).
- to book aircraft on behalf of the club or the group for special events (exhibitions, ferrying, initiation or discovery flights...)
- to limit the number of current reservations allowed for each pilot and how long in advance a reservation can be made.
- to adress all the members with a message appearing on the menu page of the service, and thus pass along information of all nature about the club/group
- to get basic statistics about the reservations (detailled statistics are available only with the pilots accounts)
This service is simple and efficient, it has been used by FFA, FFVV and FFPLUM (MLA, motorgliders and planes) French clubs since March 2009.
B_ Pilots accounts management
It is an option. You choose to use it or not.
- pilots enter themselves their flights in the system. (It's even easier than to log them on a paper sheet. The form is already pre filled with the last booking data and the price is calculated automatically)
- the treasurer doesn't have to do it all by himself. He just has to check that no mistakes were made and no flights were forgotten
- he can easily have an overview of the global pilots accounts situation
- pilots can access their accounts from anywhere, at any time
- the prices of the flights are automatically calculated. The system allows a great variety of rates
- the hourly rate can be degressive according to the total yearly flight time. The discount can be limited to some aircraft only, the others (for exemple thos who do not belong to the club) still having a constant rate
- the system allows for subvented flights too. Only the pilot's part of a flight price is accounted in his account, and the club gets a detailled recap of all corresponding subventions to request and justify them from the organism(s) subventing the flights. Subvention rates, subventions limits can be independantely set pilot by pilot. Subventions may or may not include FI rates. When a pilot checks his account, he is told how much subvention is still available for him (if relevant).
- pilots have a mini logbook with 3 and 12 last monthes total flight times (for prorogation and passenger carrying proficiency)
- stats and graphs on flight time are automatically generated
- the site main page (automatically) shows all aircraft remaining times before maintenance, and engine and propeler overhaul.
|Registration||Type||CV||Seats||Price/h||Flight rules||Status||Time available|
|F-VELO||Jodel||65||2||65||Day VFR||Available||43 h 17|| > 100 H|| > 100 H|
|F-BIKE||DR 400||120||3||105||Day VFR||Instruction only||2 h 49|| > 100 H|| > 100 H|
|F-GIRO||DR 400||160||4||115||Night VFR||Available||32 h 26||96 H|| > 100 H|
|F-TOUR||SR22||300||4||210||IFR||Available||23 h 41||42 H|| > 100 H|
Please note that since the accounting is made directly on the web server, all modifications are immediately taken into account, and the data (accounts balances, remaining aircraft flight times etc...) are always up to date. This is very different from other systems where the data is uploaded once a week from the club computer, meaning that the data shown by the server can be up to 14 days old.
For all devices
This service uses only technical features which are available on all devices. No flashplayer for exemple, which is not available on apple products.
You do not like pages full of advertising? There is only one, a banner appearing on one page to sell books or other aviation related items.
2. Test and initiation
If you are interested in this service, the first step is to try and evaluate it.
Simply contact us. You will be given an access code to the test aeroclub. You can test it for 1 week. An extra week of trial will be granted on request, only if no other test is waiting at this time. Please request the test only if you have enough time in the next 7 days to thoroughly evaluate this service. Otherwise, postpone your test until a better period.
Conditions to use the system
Using the system is completely free, but as a counterpart you have to create 2 links in your own club, school or syndicate website :
- a link towards this information page (http://www.resa.free.fr/info_resa.php?lang=en). This link will have to be set from one of these banners (translated in English upon request) which will have to appear in the home page of your site with its original size.
You can also create a link towards the home page of the reservation system (http://www.resa.free.fr). But the link towards this information page must still exist. In this case, though, you can choose to use the logo for the home page link instead of using it for the information page link. Thus, you can have a link meant for your members such as "Aircraft booking" where they have to click on the logo to use the reservation service, and an other text link somewhere on your homepage pointing towards this information page.
- an other link towards Fly in France (http://flyinfrance.free.fr). This link can be included in any page of your site, such as a links page.
The service will be shut down if these conditions are not fulfilled any longer.
You will also probably add a third link towards the resa home page for conveniency. (http://www.resa.free.fr)
- When you request the service to be initiated, provide these informations about the club (syndicate, group...):
- its name
- the ICAO or nav3000 code of the airfield
- its website adress
- an email adress
- a postal adress
- number of aircraft and members
- (optionnal) ICAO indicators of up to 3 airfields for which you usually take METARS and TAFS for your local flights
- say if you want to use the pilots accounts management as well or only the booking system.
- You have to choose an administrator among the club managers or among the owners of the group. Administrators can add or remove members, aircraft, cancel bookings made by other members... (Other administrators can be choosen afterwards.) Also give information about him (or her) :
- a login name
- a password
- his (her) family name
- first name
- a status (student, pilot, FI, FE)
- an email adress (visible by other members)
- optionnally a phone number (visible by other members)
- the first administrator will have to enter the lists of all aircraft and members. He (she) will get an email from email@example.com with the special accounts logins and passwords (club and maintenance). (Make sure no mail filter prevents the delivery of this mail.)
- then, pilots login simply using their login names and passwords
- For a real life test or to initiate the system, the first administrator should prepare BEFORE the request a list of all members with (for each of them):
- first name
- login name (can be the family name, if it does not already exist in the system. The member will be able to change it when he logs in.)
- password un mot de passe (The member will be able to change it when he logs in.)
- an email address (if it is provided, the system will send login name and password)
- the categories of aircraft he can book without an instructor (if the club uses this feature)
- his status : student, pilot, FI, FE
- his position in the club : president, board member, webmaster, chief pilot...
- Once the service is open for your club or association, it is managed internally. The administrators of the club can add or suppress aircraft, members, reservations, instructors. They can temporarily prevent members from booking aircraft....
Easier reservations mean more flights. Let the president of your club know about it.
To request more information.